Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Learning to listen

I finally realised about 2 days ago that the universe is obviously trying hard to tell me something.

First I couldn't get a bond for the full amount. The bank did say the land was worth R120 000 but they would bond it as vacant land so would only give 70% of the R120 000.  This would be under R100 000 and they do not grant bonds under R100 000. So the only way to buy the house would be cash. And I don't have enough money to buy a house cash (even after the seller dropped the price to R215 000).

Is the universe trying to give me a hint?? Yes it is. And I was just blithely ignoring it.

So I will be moving to a rental in the same village that my dream house is in. It's a small 2 bedroom, but should be adequate to keep me going until I find a house. 

I do believe that the right house is there somewhere for me. It feels so right to move to that area. I did get someone to dowse on that subject for me. And yes, right town, wrong house. Apparently my house will be available soon. So best I get my butt down there so that I am ready and waiting when it comes onto the market.

There is still so much packing to do and time is running out. Although I only move at the end of April, I need to be out of my house before then. I will be spending part of April living with my sister.

On either the afternoon of the 29th of April or the morning of the 30th April, I will be leaving Cape Town and heading for my new home in Haarlem. It's so exciting and I'm so looking forward to moving there.

I've recently done my Power Tools Beginners course at DIY Divas (http://www.diy-divas.co.za/) and do my second course on 17 April. This time I'll be doing the Basic Home Repair Course.

After my move, I will then move onto the Electrical, Plumbing, Woodworking and any other useful courses I can find. Obviously I need to do the advanced courses too. And I am really looking forward to the furniture workshops. I have so many ideas for beautiful bookcases and furniture. The ladies at DIY Divas have been great. And the Knysna branch has already contacted me to see how they can accommodate me and my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment