Thursday, April 1, 2010

Deciding on a lovely journey

Since I will be driving to Haarlem, I have decided to take a look at the various routes available. I could take the N1 but I have driven that so many times and am bored with it. The garden route has potential but I've done that a few times too.

And then I found a lovely route to try. It sounds brilliant and I could turn my drive to my new home into a mini holiday. Route 62. The website that tells all about this lovely route is http://www.route62.co.za/content.php?contentID=5&townID=0&Route62=Route62

And the way I figure it, is that I could get to know some more about South Africa on my travels. Now I'm actually starting to look forward to the long drive.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Sam well we have just finsihed our holiday on route 62 and what fun it was - Montague - too cute for words, Barrydale - friendly people with lovely restaurants and a weaving studio and much more. Oudshoorn - pick yourself up an Ostrich duster. Lovely farm stall just outside Ashton - fresh baked bread and lovely apricot jam. Well as you can see we had fun but picked up a couple of kilo's along the way - we love food.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Tracy. I'm spending a night in Ashton, so will pick up my breakfast from the farm stall as I leave. I'm looking forward to the trip although with only 3 cats for company, it won't be as much fun as your trip.

    ReplyDelete