Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Still waiting on other banks

I've now applied through an agency to all the banks in the country. I'm hoping that someone can see the potential in a house that is a fixer upper. This house is a heritage house that will be stunning with some work put into it.

My shock and horror that an assessor can refuse to value a house because of it's condition is still with me. Surely the man must be blind. It has a roof and walls. Is standing. Got all it's windows. And 5 bedrooms to boot. How on earth can he assign it a value of nothing.
I've now been in contact with a wonderful gentleman who's involved with the Heritage Society. He said he is contacting the Simon Van Der Stel Foundation on my behalf to see if there is any help they can give me. Possibly a letter to assist the valuator to see that this is not just some old house that should be demolished.

I'm now holding thumbs and really hoping that I can get a bond through some bank who has an assessor with some vision.
But I also have a rental house arranged in the event I don't get a bond. It's an area that I've fallen in love with and I really have no desire to give up my dream of living there. Somehow, some way, I will get a house in the Langkloof. If not now, then later.

No comments:

Post a Comment