Saturday, July 17, 2010

Where is my home?

One bank has just turned down my bond application. I am still waiting on the other banks in the hopes that someone will find value in this little house I like.

The valuer says the 3 bedroom house, double garage, double car port on 5000 square metres of land is worth no more than R150 000. I don't know what planet he's living on, but where in South Africa can you get all that in any condition for that price he's given.

So it looks like I probably won't get my house. While I'm not admitting defeat, I have decided that it's high time I moved into a comfortable rental home where I can settle in properly while I'm house hunting.

Another friend seems certain that the universe is blocking my purchase of all property because he thinks I'm supposed to be living near Cape Aghulhas. He and his wife will know by the end of September if they can afford their huge game farm there. 

At this point, I'm willing to take a look once they've bought. Maybe he's right - maybe that is where I am destined to live. At this point, quite frankly, I have no clue.

I'm being blocked left, right and centre so maybe Andre has a point. Another month or two of looking certainly won't kill me. And if there is a perfect place for me, I look forward to finding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment