Thursday, July 1, 2010

Snakes in the garden

Well, I've had a chat with the current owner. I asked him whether he's ever had snakes in the garden or house. He said that the only snakes they ever found were 2 boomslangs when they first moved in and nothing since. Hopefully I won't find any when I am living there.

But that is something worth noting since boomslangs are venomous. Thankfully they say you usually have a few hours before the venom actually starts acting. Thank goodness.
I definitely like the idea of having time to get to the doctor or vet should myself or my kitty ever get bitten. Also, I did read that they are not very aggressive and will only bite if threatened.

I guess climbing trees is not such a good idea and any clearing of the back garden will need to be done carefully.

And of course, I also need to be very careful of spiders since I'll be on the outskirts of the town, in the rural district. Eek - with my arachnophobia that won't be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment