Friday, February 26, 2010

Escaping the city (part 2)

A big part of this whole shift for me is that I'm trying to live a greener more natural life and feel that living in the countryside will make that easier.

I've recently gone pescatarian (a vegetarian who eats fish & seafood). A big part of that change was because of the nausea that follows eating any large amount of meat and the subsequent stomach problems which followed. Now that I  am no longer eating meat, I am feeling a whole lot healtheir. And I am only eating fish about once a week, once every two weeks. Not daily.

I grow my own herbs and veggies in my back garden. I cannot wait to start a bigger veggie patch in my new garden. And I compost too. I'm hoping to get a worm farm to help with that.

Slowly but surely I'm finishing all the "chemical" cleaning products and beauty products and replacing with more natural ones. Things that are kind to animals, and environmentally friendly.

I do recycling too (wherever possible) although it's not easy when you live in an area with no recycling bins. Slowly but surely I'm greening my life.  This is going to be a long and interesting journey since I'm also cutting out processed food. Guess I need to learn to bake bread and everything as I progress down this road.

If I find nice easy recipes, I will post them here or post links if they're from other websites. I love the vegan dad blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment