Friday, May 21, 2010

Settling down to life in the country

I've now been here exactly 2 weeks long.

I'm embarrassed to say, I still have not finished unpacking. My priorities lie elsewhere. I'm doing a little most nights and that is enough for me.

I am really enjoying country life. One of the most often heard sounds is the mooing of cows as they wander by my house to their grazing fields.

I buy my milk from a lady who has a herd of cows. It's fresh farm milk. Full cream and not that watery stuff they sell in the shops. I still need to get a veggie patch going, but that will come in time. In the meantime I will buy from local farmers.

The people here are so wonderfully friendly compared with in the city. On my first day here, a lady from the next road popped in to introduce herself. I've already been to a baby shower of one of the ladies who lives in town and last night I got an invite to a birthday lady. I'm meeting people at a rate of knots second to none.

No comments:

Post a Comment